Our complaints process.
We aim to provide you, always, with a first-class standard of service. However, there may be occasions when you feel that this objective has not been achieved. We take all complaints seriously and will deal with your complaint in the following manner:
- If your complaint cannot be resolved by the close of the next business day, following its receipt, we will ensure that you are regularly kept informed of our progress about the investigation into your complaint.
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 days following receipt enclosing a copy of these procedures.
- Investigate your complaint and aim to respond within four weeks.
- If we can’t do this, we’ll send you an update. We aim to send a final response within eight weeks of receiving a complaint. If this isn’t possible, we’ll write to explain why and tell you when we will respond.
- Where we are unable to provide you with our Final Decision Letter, we will send you confirmation of this in writing along with an explanation as to why we have been unable to complete our investigations within this time scale. We will confirm when you can next expect contact from us.
- Where we are still unable to complete our investigations within 8 weeks of your complaint, we will send confirmation of this in writing along with an explanation as to why we have been unable to complete our investigations within this time scale. We will confirm when you can next expect contact from us. At this stage, you will be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Should you wish to complain.
If you want to register a complaint regarding any of our services, you can do so in any of the following ways:
In writing: The Mortgage Advice Service (Scotland) Ltd, 3 Bute Crescent, 3 Bute Crescent, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 1BS
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 0141 563 7240
Contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123.
By post: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
We will continue to investigate the complaint until we are able to send you our Final Decision Letter.
Once you have received our Final Decision Letter if you are unhappy with our handling of your complaint; you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service at the address provided above. You must refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of our Final Decision Letter. A copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service leaflet ‘your complaint and the ombudsman’ will be included with our Final Decision Letter.
We shall deem the matter closed when:
- Our investigation has been completed and a Final Decision Letter has been sent to you, or:
- Where you have indicated, in writing, acceptance of any earlier response, where appropriate.